Bootstrapper for MSI 2.0

Alexei Boukirev
Hello wix-users,

in the past, Platform SDK contained sample to build setup.exe and msistuff.exe for MSI 2.0
bootstrap.   The  latest  Platform  SDK  has  samples  for  MSI  3.1  which do not support
bootstrapping  on  Windows  95/98/ME.  I need to have setup working on Windows 98.  Latest
msistuff.exe  does  not  even support /a flag to specify MsiInstA.exe (ANSI version of MSI
2.0).

Anyone  knows  where  can  I  get  those  older  samples  to  build  proper  setup.exe and
msistuff.exe?   Search  on Microsoft site always points to Platform SDK in the end.  But I
need older version of platform SDK for these samples.

Rob, can MSI people publish the older sample on MSDN site or something like that?

--
Best regards,
 Alexei

RE: Bootstrapper for MSI 2.0

Don Pratt
Alexei,

You can order older SDKs on CD from http://www.qmedia.ca/launch/psdk.htm .
You have to pay for shipping, but it's pretty reasonable.  They have several
older versions going back to July 2002.

Hope this helps,
Don

RE: Bootstrapper for MSI 2.0

Bob Arnson
> You can order older SDKs on CD from
> http://www.qmedia.ca/launch/psdk.htm .
> You have to pay for shipping, but it's pretty reasonable.
> They have several
> older versions going back to July 2002.

If you're an MSDN subscriber, you can download older Platform SDK releases
(back to June 2001).

sig://boB
http://bobs.org