Quantcast

Burn - .NET and lincense decline

Ondrej Krc-Jediny
I am using Burn to install .NET before my application that requires it in the following way:

<Chain>
    <PackageGroupRef Id="NetFx45Web"/>
    <MsiPackage Id="MyApplication" SourceFile="$(var.MyApplicationSetup.TargetPath)"/>
</Chain>

Before the <Chain> element, there is:

<BootstrapperApplicationRef Id="WixStandardBootstrapperApplication.RtfLicense">
    <bal:WixStandardBootstrapperApplication LicenseFile="path\to\license.rtf" ShowVersion="yes"/>
</BootstrapperApplicationRef>

After .NET is installed, the license page is displayed. If the license is declined by the user, the installer exits without installing anything. However, there is already an entry for MyApplication in 'Uninstall a program' in Windows, because of the .NET installation. .NET is listed in 'Uninstall a program' separately. Is there any way to ensure that MyApplication is not listed when none of it was actually installed?