Quantcast

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Andrew Ziem (USA Tech)
How do I place a shortcut in this folder?
 C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

I tried these pieces
 <Directory Id="AllUsersStartup" Name="All Users startup" FileSource="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" />
 <Shortcut Id="AutoStartShortcut" Directory="AllUsersStartupDirectory" Name="Application autostart" />

but the shortcut ends up in
 c:\program files\[company]\[app]\All Users startup

So I changed Name=" to the directory name, but WIX won't accept characters like colon.

I am using WIX 3.0.4721.0 and editing the .wxs started by WarSetup 3.06 beta.

Andrew

Re: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Bob Arnson-6
Andrew Ziem (USA Tech) wrote:
> How do I place a shortcut in this folder?
>  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Use a Directory element with an Id of StartupFolder.

http://joyofsetup.com/