Coding Standards

scubasteve2

Hey guys,

I’m all for code style consistency.  Do you guys have a tidy-up macro or a code formatting configuration for Visual Studio (2012+) that I can incorporate so that you guys can worry less about whitespace issues in pull requests?

I seem to make this mistake often with your code base.  Maybe I’m the only one? :(

Stephen Tunney

Nuance Communications, Inc.

Solutions Architect, Imaging Division

Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
[hidden email]

519-880-7463      Office
NUANCE.COM
The experience speaks for itself ™

Re: Coding Standards

scubasteve2

And yes, I’ve read the web page :) http://wixtoolset.org/development/code-style/

Stephen Tunney

Nuance Communications, Inc.

Solutions Architect, Imaging Division

Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
[hidden email]

519-880-7463      Office
NUANCE.COM
The experience speaks for itself ™

Re: Coding Standards

Phill Hogland
I have been planning to investigate using WixCop tool for same reason, but haven't tried that yet.

Re: Coding Standards

scubasteve2
I'd love to be able to just hit CTRL+K, CTRL+D (format document) and be done with it.

I have been planning to investigate using WixCop tool for same reason, but haven't tried that yet.

Dive into the World of Parallel Programming. The Go Parallel Website, sponsored by Intel and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your hub for all things parallel software development, from weekly thought leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more. Take a look and join the conversation now. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/

Re: Coding Standards

On 30-Jan-15 10:17, Tunney, Stephen wrote:
I’m all for code style consistency.  Do you guys have a tidy-up macro or a code formatting configuration for Visual Studio (2012+) that I can incorporate so that you guys can worry less about whitespace issues in pull requests?
Never seen one. Or is it just a .vssettings file? I'd be OK if someone wanted to add one to the repo so it's available. I have muscle memory for WiX style now. :)
http://joyofsetup.com/