Quantcast

Combined 32-bit and 64-bit MSI?

Brad Lemings

Is it possible to combine a 32-bit and 64-bit install in the same MSI file?  If so, are there some examples, tutorials to look at?

Thanks,
Eric.

Re: Combined 32-bit and 64-bit MSI?

Wilson, Phil-2
Two separate MSI files are recommended.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/heaths/archive/2008/01/15/different-packages-are-required-for-different-processor-architectures.aspx

Same source though:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2007/08/09/4317654.aspx

Phil Wilson

Re: Combined 32-bit and 64-bit MSI?

Brad Lemings
AFAICT, both links use separate MSI files for 32-bit and 64-bit installs.

Did I miss something?

Re: Combined 32-bit and 64-bit MSI?

Edwin G. Castro
Phil used the word "recommended" which I think is misleading. Notice the first blog link has the word "required".

Edwin G. Castro
Software Developer - Staff
Digital Channels
Fiserv
Office: 503-746-0643
Fax: 503-617-0291
www.fiserv.com
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Jeremy Farrell
The fact that you need separate MSI files but can build them both from the same source?