Quantcast

Creating a burn package from the command line

Creating a burn package from the command line

Lily Lee
Hi All,

I am looking for the way to create a burn package from the command line
without Visual Studio (Votive).

i.e. Put many .msi files together using 'burn' exe on the command line.
(for example, burn.exe abc.msi cdf.msi -package .....  )

I found the information that burn supports the "standard package
switches". But per my understanding, this still needs Votive to parse
the command line.

Please let me know,

Thanks.

This e-mail and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt, or protected from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies and attachments.  No liability will be accepted for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.  Your assistance in maintaining the integrity of e-mail communications is appreciated.  Thank you.

Re: Creating a burn package from the command line

robmen
"burn.exe" is the engine that gets compiled with your packages to create a
final bundle. To actually compile a bundle, you create a .wxs file that
uses the new top-level Bundle element. The WiX.chm walks through the very
basics of this.

virtually, Rob Mensching - http://RobMensching.com LLC

Re: Creating a burn package from the command line

Lily Lee
Rob,
Thank you so much. Have a wonderful day.:)

Regards,
Lily Lee
Mobile: +1 (949)  468-7759