Creating an ARP button for "Uninstall/Change" vs. "Uninstall" & "Change"

Creating an ARP button for "Uninstall/Change" vs. "Uninstall" & "Change"

jbudreau
I've been trying to google around for how to create a single
"Uninstall/Change" button in the windows ARP for my installer, and
I've run into a number of forum posts that don't seem to answer the
problem:

http://installjournal.blogspot.com/2012/12/combining-uninstall-change-on-same.html

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1741857/remove-change-and-repair-buttons-in-add-or-remove-programs/20212073

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/c8156aa6-98a7-40a6-9ad1-e6bb347650c1/how-to-combine-uninstallchange-in-add-remove-program-using-orca-editor?forum=winformssetup

Anybody have an answer?

Thanks,
Joel

Re: Creating an ARP button for "Uninstall/Change" vs. "Uninstall" & "Change"

Phill Hogland
Using a Burn bundle set Bundle/@DisableModify="button"

Re: Creating an ARP button for "Uninstall/Change" vs. "Uninstall" & "Change"

jbudreau
What if ‘not’ using a Burn bundle?

Phill Hogland
I cannot speak to not using Burn, but in the last link that you originally posted, the last post indicates that the information was posted earlier in that thread, so I would guess that there is an MSI property that controls it.  WiX is open source so it should be in the code for research.  I also expect that to some degree the behavior of the ARP feature of windows depends on which version/edition of the OS is being targeted.

Re: Creating an ARP button for "Uninstall/Change" vs. "Uninstall" & "Change"

jbudreau
Sure thing. I’ll probably dig through the burn source code.

Thanks Phill.