Creating new Oracle Database and basic table structure

Creating new Oracle Database and basic table structure

bharatj
Hello All,

Can anyone please explain how to create oracle database, Basic structure(Empty tables with few procedures) using WIX. Could you please let me know whether it is possible or not?

Also how to check whether oracle is installed or not in the system?

Thanks & Regards,
Bharat Jasti

Re: Creating new Oracle Database and basic table structure

DvdBrink

I don't think it's possible to do it in the wxs files but maybe you can write a custom action.In the custom action you could connect to the server and execute some scripts.
> Also how to check whether oracle is installed or not in the system?Maybe with a registry check?

> Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 07:15:16 -0700
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [WiX-users] Creating new Oracle Database and basic table structure
>
> Hello All,
>
> Can anyone please explain how to create oracle database, Basic
> structure(Empty tables with few procedures) using WIX. Could you please let
> me know whether it is possible or not?
>
> Also how to check whether oracle is installed or not in the system?
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Bharat Jasti

Re: Creating new Oracle Database and basic table structure

bharatj
Thank you Vandenbrink.

I did not use custom action scripts so far. Could you please direct me to a
link or material where can i find stuff about custom action scripts.

Regards,
Bharat Jasti
On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Dick Van den Brink <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> I don't think it's possible to do it in the wxs files but maybe you can
> write a custom action.In the custom action you could connect to the server
> and execute some scripts.
> > Also how to check whether oracle is installed or not in the system?Maybe
> with a registry check?

> > Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 07:15:16 -0700
> > From: [hidden email]
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: [WiX-users] Creating new Oracle Database and basic table
> structure
>  >
> > Hello All,
> >
> > Can anyone please explain how to create oracle database, Basic
> > structure(Empty tables with few procedures) using WIX. Could you please
> let
> > me know whether it is possible or not?
> >
> > Also how to check whether oracle is installed or not in the system?
> >
> > Thanks & Regards,
> > Bharat Jasti

Re: Creating new Oracle Database and basic table structure

DvdBrink

Alot of information can be found here:
http://www.tramontana.co.hu/wix/lesson3.php and http://www.tramontana.co.hu/wix/lesson10.php
Regards,
Dick van den Brink

________________________________

> Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 10:46:23 -0400
> Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Creating new Oracle Database and basic table
> structure
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> CC: [hidden email]
>
> Thank you Vandenbrink.
>
> I did not use custom action scripts so far. Could you please direct me
> to a link or material where can i find stuff about custom action
> scripts.
>
> Regards,
> Bharat Jasti
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Dick Van den Brink
> > wrote:
>
> I don't think it's possible to do it in the wxs files but maybe you can
> write a custom action.In the custom action you could connect to the
> server and execute some scripts.
> > Also how to check whether oracle is installed or not in the
> system?Maybe with a registry check?

> > Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 07:15:16 -0700
> > From: [hidden email]
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: [WiX-users] Creating new Oracle Database and basic table structure
> >
> > Hello All,
> >
> > Can anyone please explain how to create oracle database, Basic
> > structure(Empty tables with few procedures) using WIX. Could you please let
> > me know whether it is possible or not?
> >
> > Also how to check whether oracle is installed or not in the system?
> >
> > Thanks & Regards,
> > Bharat Jasti

Re: Creating new Oracle Database and basic table structure

Wyrdfish
I believe Dblock's extension does oracle via odbc.

http://msiext.codeplex.com/

> I did not use custom action scripts so far. Could you please direct me
> to a link or material where can i find stuff about custom action
> scripts.
>
> Regards,
> Bharat Jasti
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Dick Van den Brink
> > wrote:
>
> I don't think it's possible to do it in the wxs files but maybe you can
> write a custom action.In the custom action you could connect to the
> server and execute some scripts.
> > Also how to check whether oracle is installed or not in the
> system?Maybe with a registry check?

> > Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 07:15:16 -0700
> > From: [hidden email]
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: [WiX-users] Creating new Oracle Database and basic table
structure

> > Hello All,
> >
> > Can anyone please explain how to create oracle database, Basic
> > structure(Empty tables with few procedures) using WIX. Could you please
let

> > me know whether it is possible or not?
> >
> > Also how to check whether oracle is installed or not in the system?
> >
> > Thanks & Regards,
> > Bharat Jasti
> >

> > --

SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved.
If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we further request that you advise us.
SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales.  Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY, UK.

Re: Creating new Oracle Database and basic table structure

oracle34
http://www.igofusion.com/courses/oracle-fusion-financials-online-training

Oracle Fusion Financials Training self-monitoring accounts that automatically detect sudden spikes or drops in account balances based on thresholds that you define. IGOFUSION  is a training institute provides training on Oracle fusion financials and its properties based on Oracle.