Customizing UI during an upgrade

Benjaminsh
I have an installer which has value of "Minimal" for the WixUI_Mode. I have created one Dialog with two textboxes or EditFields where the user provide some values such as connection string and it will write it to an XML file during an installation. However I would like to know if there is anyway to skip this Dialog if the installer has been installed before on that user machine, so I want that Connection string Dialog to be display only during the first installation not the feature ones.

If it is not possible, is there anyway to read from the XML file and display it during the installation? so if the xml file is already existed, it should display the values inside the textbox during the installation.

Re: Customizing UI during an upgrade

Namrata Kumari
custom dialogs can be Published with 2 different conditions using CData ::

<Publish Dialog="WelcomeDlg" Control="Next" Event="NewDialog" Value="LicenseAgreementDlg">
<![CDATA[NOT Installed]]>
</Publish>
<Publish Dialog="WelcomeDlg" Control="Next" Event="NewDialog" Value="ExitDialog">
<![CDATA[Installed]]>
</Publish>