Defaulting values from Burn Options page based on previous install

Defaulting values from Burn Options page based on previous install

downeysyndrome
This post was updated on .
Good afternoon everyone! I have been working on a new Burn bootstrapper which requires a custom options page. I have gotten the page to look how it needs to and behave how it should, but need to default the values in the Options page based on the values selected in the previous install. These values are stored in INI files for the program which is installed with the bootstrapper.

I have played with storing the Burn GUI values in the registry, as I saw there is a <util:RegistrySearch> for Burn, but it does not seem to read the registry keys into the GUI variables (or does this after the user clicks 'install'). Is there a way to accomplish this?

An example:

Burn Variables (tie to GUI controls in the theme file)
    <Variable Name="txtServer" bal:Overridable="yes" Type="string" Value=""/>
    <Variable Name="txtDatabase" bal:Overridable="yes" Type="string" Value=""/>
    <Variable Name="txtUserID" bal:Overridable="yes" Type="string" Value="id"/>
    <Variable Name="txtPwd" bal:Overridable="yes" Type="string" Value="pwd"/>

    <util:RegistrySearch Id="CustCode" Variable="txtCustCode" Root="HKLM" Key="SOFTWARE\[WixBundleManufacturer]\[WixBundleName]" Value="CustCode"  Win64="no" Format="raw" Result="value" />
    <util:RegistrySearch Id="Server" Variable="txtServer" Root="HKLM" Key="SOFTWARE\[WixBundleManufacturer]\[WixBundleName]" Value="Server" Win64="no" Format="raw" Result="value"/>
    <util:RegistrySearch Id="Database" Variable="txtDatabase" Root="HKLM" Key="SOFTWARE\[WixBundleManufacturer]\[WixBundleName]" Value="Database" Win64="no" Format="raw" Result="value" />
    <util:RegistrySearch Id="DBID" Variable="txtUserID" Root="HKLM" Key="SOFTWARE\[WixBundleManufacturer]\[WixBundleName]" Value="DBID" Win64="no" Format="raw" Result="value" />
    <util:RegistrySearch Id="DBPWD" Variable="txtPwd" Root="HKLM" Key="SOFTWARE\[WixBundleManufacturer]\[WixBundleName]" Value="DBPWD" Win64="no" Format="raw" Result="value" />

The registry values are getting read into the variables, but not showing up in the GUI/Options page. Showing this is very important so the users can see the settings the installer will be using. If at all possible, reading from the INI file instead of the registry would be much preferred.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this would be most helpful! Thank you!