Disable ARP entry for ExePackage

mark222
I have an exe package that install a third party compoment, I have added this component to my Burn exe package, but in this way I have the ARP entry for the single package plus the Burn package ARP entry.
Is there any way to remove the entry ARP for the ExePackage added to the Burn package?

In a Burn package I can remove the ARP entry setting the properties of burn element<Bundle DisableRemove="yes" DisableModify="yes"But is there a way to configure this properties at runtime when I call the setup perhaphs using command line parameters?Because I have a made a Burn setup for a single component that can be installed as single package or can be added to another Burn package but in this way I want to not have the ARP entries for the component Burn Package but I need to have only one package to work in these 2 cases.
Thanks.

Re: Disable ARP entry for ExePackage

Nir Bar
I don't understand... do you have 2 bundles or 1?
Anyway you can set a registry value to hide it from ARP:

Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\<ProductCode>
Name: SystemComponent
Type: DWORD
Data: 1
Nir Bar
Freelance Developer
Mail: nir.bar@panel-sw.com
Web: www.panel-sw.com
- C++ On Windows, Linux and Embedded Platforms
- WiX & InstallShield

Re: Disable ARP entry for ExePackage

mark222
I have 2 different cases:
1) I need to make a Burn exe package (BurnSetup.exe) that call an exe package (ComponentSetup.exe) made by another company, and I want to hide the ARP entry for this ComponentSetup.exe, and I need to see only the ARP entry for the BurnSetup.exe that I have made.
2) The Burn exe package (BurnSetup.exe) that I have made, can be used to install as a stand alone package, or can be included as a component in another Burn setup package (CompleteBurnSetup.exe) in this last case I need to see only the ARP entry for the CompleteBurnSetup.exe and hide the ARP entry for the BurnSetup.exeIn this case I need to Hide the ARP if the BurnSetup.exe is called inside the CompleteBurnSetup.exe while must be appeared on the ARP if it is called as a stand alone package.
I can set the properties inside the Burn element<Bundle DisableRemove="yes" DisableModify="yes"but I don't know how to configure them dinamically based on the caller method
Thanks for help.

> Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 13:34:35 -0700
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Disable ARP entry for ExePackage
>
> I don't understand... do you have 2 bundles or 1?
> Anyway you can set a registry value to hide it from ARP:
>
> Key:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\<ProductCode>
> Name: SystemComponent
> Type: DWORD
> Data: 1
>

> -----
> Nir Bar
> Freelance Developer
> Mail: [hidden email]
> Web: www.panel-sw.com
>    - C++ On Windows, Linux and Embedded Platforms
>    - WiX & InstallShield

Re: Disable ARP entry for ExePackage

click2vicky
Could you please provide more details on how to use registry for hiding an exe package in ARP using Wix.