File extension association

Moore, Odric M. (MSFC-ER43)[MITS]
I have a WiX 3.7 installation package that is operating fine using perMachine IntallScope.  I want to change the installation so that it can be accomplished without admin privilege.

Changing to perUser has accomplished that, but now the association between the application and its model file is no longer established at installation.

Is this something that is not permitted under perUser?

Re: File extension association

Rob Mensching-7
What does this part mean "now the association between the application and its model file is no longer established at installation"?

 FireGiant  |  Dedicated support for the WiX toolset  |  http://www.firegiant.com/

I have a WiX 3.7 installation package that is operating fine using perMachine IntallScope.  I want to change the installation so that it can be accomplished without admin privilege.

Changing to perUser has accomplished that, but now the association between the application and its model file is no longer established at installation.

Is this something that is not permitted under perUser?

Re: File extension association

Moore, Odric M. (MSFC-ER43)[MITS]
This is my first time on this list, so I am assuming I should reply to your email.
Here is the code that establishes the association with files with "vts" suffix with the application executable.  This allows the user to double-click on the file which opens the app.
       <!-- Establish file suffix-VTASC.exe association -->
            <ProgId Id='VTASCModelFile' Description='VTASC File'>
              <Extension Id='vts' ContentType='application/vts'>
                <Verb Id='open' Command='Open' TargetFile='filABB38C272D0DDEA9627E512137AD83F6' Argument='"%1"' />
              </Extension>
            </ProgId>
Changing to perUser seems to have disallowed the above code to work.