File remains on the machine after update but it is deleted after a reboot.

File remains on the machine after update but it is deleted after a reboot.

AleksL
Hello
Some times I see situation what any executable files remains on the machine after update but it is deleted after a reboot.

Оn log I see:

Info 1903. Scheduling reboot operation: Deleting file C:\Program Files (x86)\<path and name> . Must reboot to complete operation.

I think that file used on this time and removed durring reboot. But on most updates all working fine:

Info 1903. Scheduling reboot operation: Deleting file C:\Config.Msi\64a9d1.rbf. Must reboot to complete operation.

What can influence such difference in behavior?

Re: File remains on the machine after update but it is deleted after a reboot.

AleksL
Solution found.
That executable files blocked by another process. And that files can't be renaimed.