Getting Error : 2765 whileassembly GAC

Kalappa

Hi,

I have to GAC signed dll that is built in VS.NET 2005.

I am using WIX v2.0.3902 Version.

<Directory SourceName="." Name="GAC">GAC

<Component Id="E8424B5F-EE4E-4CCD-A7AE-D09AEEA8D0D9">file1.dll_GAC

<File Name="file1.dll" LongName="file1.dll" src="%BINS_DIR%\">file1.dll_GAC</File>

 </Component>

</Directory>

And in feature element I have included it like this

<Feature>

<Component Location="local">file1.dll_GAC

<Assembly Manifest="file1.dll_GAC" Type=".net"></Assembly>

</Component>

</Feature>

I am not getting any compilation error. But when I run my msi I am getting Error code: 2765.

This error states that assembly name missing.

Could anyone tell me what is wrong here or what I have missed here?

Best Regards,

Kalappa Pattar

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, contains confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and is subject to legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager. Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email

RE: Getting Error : 2765 whileassembly GAC

Rob Mensching
Wow, it appears that you've somehow found WiX v1.  I don't know where you
got that but it is ancient and has been deprecated for over a year now
(Halloween 2004).  I highly recommend you move to WiX v2.

RE: Getting Error : 2765 whileassembly GAC

Kalappa

        I am using WIX version 2.
The version is v2.0.3902.
I have this problem in GACing my dlls.
Any help will be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Kalappa Pattar
"In rivers, the water you touch is the last of what has passed and the
first of that which comes, so with present time." - Leonardo Da Vinci

RE: Getting Error : 2765 whileassembly GAC

Rob Mensching
Can you provide a bit more of your .wxs file for more context.  I don't see
how what you have called out below will compile with any version of the WiX
v2 toolset.