Quantcast

Hidden directory

Brian Simoneau
Message
My installer needs to create a directory with hidden files.  This is easy enough using the Hidden attribute on the File element.  The directory itself should also be hidden, but I do not see a Hidden attribute on the Directory element.  Is it possible to create hidden directories or would I need to write a custom action?

Brian Simoneau
Software Developer
Freedom Scientific

RE: Hidden directory

Bob Arnson
Message
It doesn't appear that MSI supports creating a hidden directory, at least from the Directory and CreateFolders table. I'd guess a custom action is the only way to go.