How to access row/field@unresolvedData from Table object in melt

scubasteve2

I have an Binary elements in my wxs files that looks like this:

  <Fragment Id="F.Core.CustomAction">

    <Binary Id="CustomActions.dll" SourceFile="!(bindpath.Root)out/$(var.VSPlatform)/$(var.Configuration)/Products/CustomActions.dll" />

  </Fragment>

And various BinaryKeys for CustomActions declared throughout.

The CustomAction DLL indeed gets included in the MSI in the Binary table:

<row sectionId="F.Core.CustomAction" sourceLineNumber="E:\Jenkins\workspace\Wasabi5_5.5_Installers\Installation\Platform\Platform.Core\Core.wxs*6">

<field>CustomActions.dll</field>

<field unresolvedData="!(bindpath.WASRoot)out/x64/Release/Products/CustomActions.dll">E:\Jenkins\workspace\Wasabi5_5.5_Installers\out/x64/Release/Products/CustomActions.dll</field>

</row>

Now in melt I am attempting to get access to the unresolvedData attribute of field[1] but the object model of Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstaller.Xml.Field does not expose this value which I get access to via the Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstaller.Xml.Pdb object with Pdb.Load (already used in melt).

So my question is, how do I gain access to the attribute via the object model?  I’m trying to fix the bug in melt that does not re-base the files from the Binary table, nor does it extract them for comparison and inclusion into a patch.

Thanks!

Stephen Tunney

Nuance Communications, Inc.

Solutions Architect, Imaging Division

Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
[hidden email]

519-880-7463      Office
NUANCE.COM
The experience speaks for itself ™

Re: How to access row/field@unresolvedData from Table object in melt

scubasteve2

Well I found my own answer faster than I thought J

ObjectField