How to change background color behind the checkbox - last install page

How to change background color behind the checkbox - last install page

danimian
Hi,
at last page of install, is there any way to change the background color behind the checkbox or background color behind the text "Launch application now"?
How to fix it? or How to make it transparent?

Best Regards
Adnan

Re: How to change background color behind the checkbox - last install page

saschabeaumont
This comes up regularly on the list, it's a limitation of Windows
Installer not supporting transparency on a checkbox label.

Best solution is to use a different size background bitmap.
Alternative solutions generally involve a customUI and sacrificing (to
an extent) usability for people with screenreaders/blind/low vision.

See comments at the following links for various suggestions and
opinions on what/how/why

http://www.mail-archive.com/wix-users@.../msg30305.html
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2025677&group_id=105970&atid=642714

Sascha

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 7:08 AM, danimian <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> at last page of install, is there any way to change the background color
> behind the checkbox or background color behind the text "Launch application
> now"?
> How to fix it? or How to make it transparent?
>
> Best Regards
> Adnan

Re: How to change background color behind the checkbox - last install page

danimian
Thanks for answering.
How to change the  different size background bitmap?

Best Regards
Adnan

saschabeaumont wrote

http://www.mail-archive.com/wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg30305.html

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 7:08 AM, danimian <miandani@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> at last page of install, is there any way to change the background color
> behind the checkbox or background color behind the text "Launch application
> now"?
> How to fix it? or How to make it transparent?
>
> Best Regards
> Adnan

Re: How to change background color behind the checkbox - last install page

Pally Sandher
You can't *easily* change the background bitmap on the Exit Dialog
without changing it on all other dialogs which use that bitmap
(WelcomeDlg is the main one which springs to mind, can't think of any
others off the top of my head right now but there's a few). If you want
to try it change the bitmap (or the value) of WixVariable
Id="WixUIDialogBmp" & you'll see what I mean.

If you want to a different bitmap for the Exit Dialog only you'll have
to re-author the Exit Dialog. Neil Sleightholm's blog has a pretty good
article on how to modify the stock WiXUI's at
http://neilsleightholm.blogspot.com/2008/08/customised-uis-for-wix.html
However if you're going to all that trouble you could simply resize the
checkbox so it is only the size of the checkbox itself & then add a text
control next to it with your text & the transparency attribute. That way
your background image stays consistent & you get your transparent text.

This will never be "fixed" btw. Either write your own work-around as
suggested above or learn to live with the horrible grey box (or remove
the requirement for that functionality).

Palbinder Sandher
Software Deployment & IT Administrator
T: +44 (0) 141 945 8500
F: +44 (0) 141 945 8501

http://www.iesve.com
**Design, Simulate + Innovate with the <Virtual Environment>**
Integrated Environmental Solutions Limited. Registered in Scotland No.
SC151456
Registered Office - Helix Building, West Of Scotland Science Park,
Glasgow G20 0SP
Email Disclaimer