IniFieSearchEx: Reading from an arbitrary ini file

IniFieSearchEx: Reading from an arbitrary ini file

Hoover, Jacob

I’m a bit confused why IniFileSearch only allows for searching ini files in the Windows folder, yet IniFile allows to write INI files in any location.  I’ve written an extension in 3.10 which allows for an IniFileSearch and I was wondering if there would be any interest in adding the extension to the toolset.

Thanks,

Jacob

Re: IniFieSearchEx: Reading from an arbitrary ini file

Rob Mensching-7

I’d let Bob speak to v3.x but totally reasonable for v4.x. Not sure separate extension is the way to go or if it should get dumped in with all the Util stuff… but either way, seems more than reasonable.

FireGiant  |  Dedicated support for the WiX toolset  |  http://www.firegiant.com/