MPF: Adding a wixlib project reference to a solution

MPF: Adding a wixlib project reference to a solution

Hoover, Jacob

FYI,

  I’ve diagnosed the “issue” I found yesterday.  When referencing an external project via MPF, a <Project>{GUID}</Project> element is required.  When adding these via the IDE, it does populate them.  I wrote my extension using an existing one as a reference, which did not have them. The problem was the wixlib project had a reference to the C++ ca project.  When attempting to add the wixlib to the solution Votive/MPF parses for the ProjectReference elements and it requires the GUID to be set.

Thanks,

Jacob

Re: MPF: Adding a wixlib project reference to a solution

Rob Mensching-7

Ahh, yes. Sorry, known MPF issue. I have a bad habit of whacking the Project metadata from project references even though MPF based projects require it… because… well, MPF bugs me. <smile/>

FireGiant  |  Dedicated support for the WiX toolset  |  http://www.firegiant.com/

  I’ve diagnosed the “issue” I found yesterday.  When referencing an external project via MPF, a <Project>{GUID}</Project> element is required.  When adding these via the IDE, it does populate them.  I wrote my extension using an existing one as a reference, which did not have them. The problem was the wixlib project had a reference to the C++ ca project.  When attempting to add the wixlib to the solution Votive/MPF parses for the ProjectReference elements and it requires the GUID to be set.

Thanks,

Jacob

Re: MPF: Adding a wixlib project reference to a solution

Hoover, Jacob

Yeah,

  I found another reference to it here: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/65e51ac9-5395-4cb6-8112-7b3c599a7773/projectreferencenode-in-mpf-requires-guids-on-project-references?forum=vsx

I wonder why one shouldn’t just modify MPF to load the referenced project and ask MSBuild for the value of the metadata it needs.