MsiProperty/@RollbackValue

SeanHall
I'm starting to work on bug 4630 and I found RollbackValue is supported on MsiProperties in the Burn engine, but candle and light know nothing about it.  Does anyone know anything about MsiProperty/@RollbackValue?

Re: MsiProperty/@RollbackValue

Brian Rogers
Hey Sean,

IIRC it is a set of properties you would like to pass to the MSI in a rollback scenario rather than a plain, no property, uninstall or the install set of properties. This is useful if there are clean up dependencies because everything has been installed (possibly starting/stopping services). I don't believe it is something which is heavily used, but in another life I found the concept valuable.

Hope that helps,
Brian

Brian Rogers
"Intelligence removes complexity." - Me