OS Versions

haglis

I am creating my first installer for a web app to be installed on Windows server (2008 R2 and above) but not in Windows 7, 8 etc.

I have checked that the following 2 pages are the only ones I have found that show the different versions, however there are several versions which have the codes. So Windows server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 are the same as are Windows server 2012 and Windows 8.

Are there further checks that can be done to differentiate further ?

Many thanks, George.

Re: OS Versions

haglis

Re: OS Versions

Phill Hogland
This is the info you need to distinguish a Client windows from a Server (or Domain Controler).

It is recommended that you post to the new user list (which I also need to get sorted out).

Re: OS Versions

haglis
Hi Phil,

Thanks for the info.

And I have switched to the new mailing list now :)

George.