Old topic: Burn reboot checkpoint / reboot boundary

Old topic: Burn reboot checkpoint / reboot boundary

Tobias Erichsen-2
Hi everyone,

I was thinking about looking into an old topic where one
could specify a RebootBoundary somewhere in the chain
and make sure that all prior MSIs requests for reboot
will be executed at that point:

http://wixtoolset.org/issues/4026

Anyone got any ideas, thoughts etc. about this topic before
I dive into this?

Best regards,
Tobias

Re: Old topic: Burn reboot checkpoint / reboot boundary

Neil Sleightholm

I have always thought this should be an extension to the RollbackBoundary element, e.g. RebootIfRequire=”yes” as it seems logical that a reboot boundary would be a rollback boundary.

Neil

Re: Old topic: Burn reboot checkpoint / reboot boundary

Rob Mensching-7

Yeah, I was always leaning that way as well. However, I didn’t think really hard if there was ever a case you’d want them separated. Anyone have scenarios where you’d need a RestartBoundary without a RollbackBoundary?

FireGiant  |  Dedicated support for the WiX toolset  |  http://www.firegiant.com/