Patching a product without ProductVersion property

Patching a product without ProductVersion property

Nir Bar
We have a legacy product that was distributed without ProductVersion authored into the MSI.
I don't know how this was done, since ProductVersion is a required property; however I can only fix that in future major-upgrade releases.

The problem now is that we want to deliver a patch package for this product. Building the patch fails because the base is missing the ProductVersion.

Is there any way to work around that?

Thanks,
Nir.
Nir Bar
Freelance Developer
Mail: nir.bar@panel-sw.com
Web: www.panel-sw.com
- C++ On Windows, Linux and Embedded Platforms
- WiX & InstallShield

Re: Patching a product without ProductVersion property

scubasteve2
Patchwiz or Pure WiX style?
We have a legacy product that was distributed without ProductVersion authored
into the MSI.
I don't know how this was done, since ProductVersion is a required property;
however I can only fix that in future major-upgrade releases.

The problem now is that we want to deliver a patch package for this product.
Building the patch fails because the base is missing the ProductVersion.

Is there any way to work around that?

Thanks,
Nir.

-----