Possible regression in util:FileSearch ?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Possible regression in util:FileSearch ?

Tobias Erichsen-2
Hi,

when creating a new version of a burn bootstrapper (using wix 3.9), I noticed that the
util:FileSearch did not work as I thought it would.

I tried to find a textfile in an application-specific c:\programdata sub-folder:

<util:FileSearch Id="ShowFrontendFile"
Path="[CommonAppDataFolder]TE-SYSTEMS\anynode frontend\showFrontend.xzconfig"
Result="exists"
Variable="ShowFrontend"/>

Unfortunately this did not work out:  The burn logfile always said:

File search: ShowFrontendFile, did not find path: C:\ProgramData\TE-SYSTEMS\anynode frontend\showFrontend.xzconfig

When I copied this path into the explorer, the file opened without problems.

When I exchange the text-file in this location by a file containing a pe-header (a dll file),  the FileSearch succeeded.

Should I be opening a ticket for this issue?

Best regards,
Tobias

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dive into the World of Parallel Programming. The Go Parallel Website,
sponsored by Intel and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your
hub for all things parallel software development, from weekly thought
leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more. Take a
look and join the conversation now. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/
_______________________________________________
WiX-devs mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/wix-devs
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Possible regression in util:FileSearch ?

SeanHall
I can't reproduce this. I tried searching for [CommonAppDataFolder]sean\test.xml.  Both v3.8 and v3.9 found it.

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 4:17 AM, Tobias Erichsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

when creating a new version of a burn bootstrapper (using wix 3.9), I noticed that the
util:FileSearch did not work as I thought it would.

I tried to find a textfile in an application-specific c:\programdata sub-folder:

<util:FileSearch Id="ShowFrontendFile"
Path="[CommonAppDataFolder]TE-SYSTEMS\anynode frontend\showFrontend.xzconfig"
Result="exists"
Variable="ShowFrontend"/>

Unfortunately this did not work out:  The burn logfile always said:

File search: ShowFrontendFile, did not find path: C:\ProgramData\TE-SYSTEMS\anynode frontend\showFrontend.xzconfig

When I copied this path into the explorer, the file opened without problems.

When I exchange the text-file in this location by a file containing a pe-header (a dll file),  the FileSearch succeeded.

Should I be opening a ticket for this issue?

Best regards,
Tobias

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dive into the World of Parallel Programming. The Go Parallel Website,
sponsored by Intel and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your
hub for all things parallel software development, from weekly thought
leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more. Take a
look and join the conversation now. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/
_______________________________________________
WiX-devs mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/wix-devs



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dive into the World of Parallel Programming. The Go Parallel Website,
sponsored by Intel and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your
hub for all things parallel software development, from weekly thought
leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more. Take a
look and join the conversation now. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/
_______________________________________________
WiX-devs mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/wix-devs