Problem in uninstall if the setup installed in Custom Path

Problem in uninstall if the setup installed in Custom Path

Muthusamy Ponraj
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I have created a setup using Custom bootstrapper application. Permanent attribute is set as Yes in MSIPackage element. So setup uninstallation will not remove the MSI on uninstallation. In my Bootstrapper code, added code to uninstall the MSI using msiexec command line arguments. I am facing a problem in below scenario,

1. Installed the setup in custom path.
2. On uninstallation, checked the uninstall MSI log, Install directory is present as default Install Directory (property present in WIX file) instead of customized path.

Due to this issue, I can’t able to access the setup installed location to ensure some changes. Is this the behaviour? Can anybody share the suggestion on this?

Regrads,
Muthusamy Ponraj.