ProductLanguage property not included in transformation (created using Torch.exe)

ProductLanguage property not included in transformation (created using Torch.exe)

Stefan Pavlik
Hi all

I have problem that is described on:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=642714&aid=2887011&group_id=105970

In short:
Language transformation created using command:
torch.exe -t language Package_EN.msi Package_DE.msi -out 1031.mst
does not contain the ProductLanguage property.

I have received following answer:
> you need to add the PropertyRef to the PatchFamily element for a
> patch to include it in the patch. PatchFamily is a filter (and defines a
> patch family for the resulting MSP).

The answer results in another question:
I do not want to create the MSP file. I want to create the MST
transformation that will (after applying to MSI) change the
ProductLanguage property (and all the texts). Is it possible using
torch.exe?

Thanks

Stefan

--
Stefan Pavlik | [hidden email]
Lietavska 14 | 851 06 Bratislava | Slovak Republic

Re: ProductLanguage property not included in transformation (created using Torch.exe)

robmen
Was this ever resolved? Are you really getting an error message talking
about patching while using torch?

virtually, Rob Mensching - http://RobMensching.com LLC

Re: ProductLanguage property not included in transformation (created using Torch.exe)

Stefan Pavlik
Hi

There was no error message while creating the transform nor during
applying it to MSI file.

I do not want to create patch. Only thing I need is to create
language transformation that will change also ProductLanguage property.

Following command line will create language transformation but the
ProductLangauge property is not included in the MST file:
> torch.exe -t language Package_EN.msi Package_DE.msi -out 1031.mst

Following command will generate MST file with changed
ProductLanguage property:
> msitran.exe -g Package_EN.msi Package_DE.msi 1031.mst

Currently I am using the msitran.exe command in our build process. I
was only wondering whether the behavior is by design or it is some
kind of bug.

Thanks

Stefan

Rob Mensching wrote:
> Was this ever resolved? Are you really getting an error message talking
> about patching while using torch?

--
Stefan Pavlik | [hidden email]
Lietavska 14 | 851 06 Bratislava | Slovak Republic

Re: ProductLanguage property not included in transformation (created using Torch.exe)

Dave Midgley
I need to generate a transform for localisation which will then be embedded into the MSI file. I have also run foul of this Torch problem - the ProductLanguage is not set by the transform (I can prove this by applying the transform using Orca). I *think* I can get around the problem by using msitran instead of Torch, but msiTran has its own idosyncrasises, and it would be nice to stick to the Wix suite.
As the problem was originally reported in 2009 and it's now 2015, I wondered if any progress had been made in the meantime. We are using Wix 3.8 (Torch Version 3.8.1128.0)