Proxy Handling for Web Installer

Saravanan
Hi Everyone,

I am using Wix 3.9 R2 and created a setup using Custom Bootstrapper application which downloads and installs MSI packages.

If the download link is blocked using third party proxy server/Windows Firewall OR slow internet connection, then the download getting failed. I have debugged the custom BA, I cant able to find the different status for 'download failed by proxy server link' and 'download failed by request timeout(slow internet connection)'.

I would like to throws different message if failed by proxy or by slow connection.

Is it able to differentiate this using Bootstrapper events? Can we able to download the package using proxy server authentication credential using Bootstrapper events?

Please share any idea on this.

Thanks,
Saravanan

Re: Proxy Handling for Web Installer

Hoover, Jacob
It all depends on how the firewall or proxy server would block a request. If the proxy responds with a 401 or 407 error code, the engine will notify the BA via an OnError callback, and then attempt to prompt for authentication via a standard InternetErrorDlg call.

If it's a timeout, OnCacheAcquireComplete has a HR parameter which should contain the mapping of the win 32 error code from GetLastError after the call to InternetReadFile failed.

I am using Wix 3.9 R2 and created a setup using Custom Bootstrapper application which downloads and installs MSI packages.

If the download link is blocked using third party proxy server/Windows Firewall OR slow internet connection, then the download getting failed. I have debugged the custom BA, I cant able to find the different status for 'download failed by proxy server link' and 'download failed by request timeout(slow internet connection)'.

I would like to throws different message if failed by proxy or by slow connection.

Is it able to differentiate this using Bootstrapper events? Can we able to download the package using proxy server authentication credential using Bootstrapper events?

Please share any idea on this.

Thanks,
Saravanan

BPM Camp - Free Virtual Workshop May 6th at 10am PDT/1PM EDT Develop your own process in accordance with the BPMN 2 standard Learn Process modeling best practices with Bonita BPM through live exercises
http://www.bonitasoft.com/be-part-of-it/events/bpm-camp-virtual- event?utm_ source=Sourceforge_BPM_Camp_5_6_15&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=VA_SF

Re: Proxy Handling for Web Installer

Rodney_89
This is very useful information on the proxy handling. Last month, my friend shared me the hidemyass pro vpn review and it helped me in finding right vpn provider services. Signed up with it with help of my sister and really happy to get such amazing speed.