RE: configuring iis

Rob Mensching

It doesn't look like that is supported right now.  Can you open a Feature Request to add support for it?  Do you have a link to MSDN that describes the setting?

RE: configuring iis

Korhonen, Mark
Hi,

Thanks for looking into this for us.  Unfortunately, the version of WiX that we are using is locked so even if this feature were added, we wouldn't be able to use it.  Let me know if you'd still like me to open a feature request.

As for MSDN documentation:

Cheers,
Mark

It doesn't look like that is supported right now.  Can you open a Feature Request to add support for it?  Do you have a link to MSDN that describes the setting?

What setting do you need to set?  It may be configurable already.

I have an msi that installs a web service, and this web service needs to have a value set in the IIS metabase.  I could probably get it done by invoking a script through custom actions, but I am curious what support WiX has for altering IIS metabase data – when I look in the WiX help file on the “Adding Custom Actions” page, I see a custom action called WriteMetabaseValue.  Can I invoke this, and if so how do I specify parameters?

-Lila Klektau

RE: configuring iis

Rob Mensching

Absolutely... this is a thing we need to do (even if you can’t use it until next time around <smile/>).  Please include that link in the request as well.  Thanks.

It doesn't look like that is supported right now.  Can you open a Feature Request to add support for it?  Do you have a link to MSDN that describes the setting?

What setting do you need to set?  It may be configurable already.

I have an msi that installs a web service, and this web service needs to have a value set in the IIS metabase.  I could probably get it done by invoking a script through custom actions, but I am curious what support WiX has for altering IIS metabase data – when I look in the WiX help file on the “Adding Custom Actions” page, I see a custom action called WriteMetabaseValue.  Can I invoke this, and if so how do I specify parameters?

-Lila Klektau

RE: configuring iis

Korhonen, Mark

I’ve submitted this as a Feature Request # 1296573

Cheers,

Mark