Remove InstallShield Bootstrapper MSI

Johri, Mohit IN BLR STS
Hi All,

I am creating a CustomBA which will replace the existing install shield Bootstrapper( I don't really know what it's called).

We are installing the same number of MSI as the install shield use to do, so no problem in that.
All the MSI entries in the ARP are removed, as we are making MSI's  Visible="no".

Only the Custom BA entry is available in the ARP along with the Install shield Bootstrapper entry, both having the same name.
Is there a way to remove the older Installshield Bootstrapper entry using CustomBA ?

Thanks & Regards,
Mohit

Re: Remove InstallShield Bootstrapper MSI

Johri, Mohit IN BLR STS
Hi All,

Did anyone got into the same kind of issue, please help.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohit

Re: Remove InstallShield Bootstrapper MSI

Phil Wilson
Why not ask in an InstallShiekd forum how the InstallShield upgrade
mechanism works in the context of an upgrade?
---------------
Phil Wilson

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 10:22 PM, Johri, Mohit IN BLR STS
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Did anyone got into the same kind of issue, please help.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Mohit

Hoover, Jacob
And if they aren't helpful, if you know the ID behind the version you are trying to remove, you could query the ARP data for the uninstall string property "UninstallString" and try to invoke that.

On my machine, I have both MSI and EXE variants.  If the one you are trying to replace is a MSI, then it would be simple to do by adding that into your new MSI's Upgrade table.  If it's an EXE, it's going to be more "custom" logic. If your last InstallShield exe doesn't contain the entire payload, you may be able to automate it by using that EXE with the command line params to uninstall it.

Why not ask in an InstallShiekd forum how the InstallShield upgrade mechanism works in the context of an upgrade?
---------------
Phil Wilson

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 10:22 PM, Johri, Mohit IN BLR STS <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Did anyone got into the same kind of issue, please help.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Mohit

Nir Bar
InstallShield's bootstrapper usually shows up in Uninstall registry key with an InstallShield_{ProductCode} form.  See if you can find that in the registry
Nir Bar
Freelance Developer
Mail: nir.bar@panel-sw.com
Web: www.panel-sw.com
- C++ On Windows, Linux and Embedded Platforms
- WiX & InstallShield