Rollback Action using Wix

Preethi Srinivasan
I am doing a project to perform a driver installation using wix installer standard action and custom action. My standard action involves placing my driver files in "Program files folder" and custom action involves using "SetupAPI.dll" to install the driver using inf file.

I wanted to create roll back for failure during installation phase due to failure in custom action. In my case i created the failure by providing wrong path name for inf file. So as expected I got the error "Installation Failed".

So I expected the installer to have automatically performed the rollback for standard action "Like delete the folder from Program Files". Also the custom action is sequenced between "Install Files" and "Install Finalize". But no rollback has been performed for standard action also. I still see the files in Program Files Folder.

Can someone explain why this has happened ?????