Sharing msi and reference counting

slwalker
I am trying to share a specific product with multiple other products. My scenario is say I have "Product A" and it is bootstrapped with my MSI v1.0 and installed. Now I have upgraded my MSI to v1.1 and bootstrap it with "Product B" and install it. (What I mean by upgrading my MSI is, I have changed the ProductCode to a new GUID and left the upgrade code alone. I have incremented the product version and msi version appropriately. I have left the component GUIDs the same. Another note is I am not using keyPath="yes", should I be?) Now if I run the uninstall on the "Product B" bootstrapper it is removing my shared MSI components, which I figured should still be referenced by the other MSI? Alternatively if I uninstall "Product A" through the bootstrapped exe it leaves the shared MSI.

Windows installer is a new thing to me, so there may be something I am misunderstanding.