Strong naming WixTests.dll : v 4.0

Hoover, Jacob

Would anyone have any strong objections on removing the strong naming of the WixTests assembly for 4.0?  I started working on Nancy for an embedded web server for testing bundle self-updates, however Nancy’s NuGet package isn’t strongly named.  I’d rather not have to use hackish methods to work around the issue (ildisam or ilmerge).

Thanks,

Jacob

Re: Strong naming WixTests.dll : v 4.0

SeanHall
I don't see any reason why we need to continue strong naming test DLLs.

On 01-Nov-14 13:26, Hoover, Jacob wrote:

Would anyone have any strong objections on removing the strong naming of the WixTests assembly for 4.0?  I started working on Nancy for an embedded web server for testing bundle self-updates, however Nancy’s NuGet package isn’t strongly named.  I’d rather not have to use hackish methods to work around the issue (ildisam or ilmerge).

That was probably for InternalsVisibleTo use. If both are un-strongly-named ("weakly named"?) assemblies, it'll work. How will that work with wix.dll in the build?

http://joyofsetup.com/