Tallow Help

John P Dickey
I am trying to generate fragment WIX files via command line. I created a
batch file and tallow the specified files to create the fragment files.
Everything works fine but when I look into the MSI file with Orca, the
fragment files are not generated. Here is a fragment of what I am doing in
the batch file:

REM Build a string to get the required WXS files.
set value=UI.wxs MainFiles.wxs

REM Add the optional WXS files only if they were generated.
if exist Optional.wxs set value=%value% Optional.wxs

REM  Candle all the files.
candle.exe %value%

REM Build a string to get the required WIXOBJ files.
set value= -out Application.msi UI.wixobj MainFiles.wixobj

REM Add the optional WIXOBJ files only if they were generated.
if exist Optional.wixobj set value=%value% Optional.wixobj

REM  Candle all the files.
light.exe %value%

For some reason, the files listed in Optional.wxs are never included into
the MSI.

Can anyone help?

John Dickey

RE: Tallow Help

Rob Mensching
Do you actually reference anything in the Optional.wxs file the
MainFiles.wxs?  If not, then the linker considers the Optional.wxs all "dead
code" and leaves it out.