Quantcast

Trying to call .Net 3.5 installer for Windows 8 with Dism

Trying to call .Net 3.5 installer for Windows 8 with Dism

Bill Pierce
Hi all,

I'm trying to get the following command line to run during a Windows 8 install  of our product.

Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:x:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess

I've added the following code and many variations to my installer to try to get Windows 8 to install .Net 3.5 with no luck. It installs .Net 3.5 correctly from an elevated command prompt, just not from within the installer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

<Property Id="QtExecCmdLine" Value='"Dism" /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:x:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess'/>
    <CustomAction Id="SilentLaunch" BinaryKey="WixCA" DllEntry="CAQuietExec" Execute="immediate" Return="check" />

I'm trying to avoid adding the .Net 3.5 payload to the installer because we already ship .Net 2.0 to support Windows 2000 and can't use the 3.5 for 2.0 support there.

Thanks!!

-          Bill

Re: Trying to call .Net 3.5 installer for Windows 8 with Dism

robmen
You need to execute the custom action "deferred" to be in the script and
thus elevated.

virtually, Rob Mensching - http://RobMensching.com LLC