UAC Prompt on Minor Upgrade

Christopher Painter
All,

  In the past ( Windows XP )  I could install an MSI from a network share that was set up as ALLUSERS=1 / Managed.    This was a properly designed/ behaving MSI ( tested with /jm ).   I could then create a new installer following minor upgrade rules and drop it into the same directory on the share and my standard / non-priv. users could perform a minor upgrade.

I am now trying this on Windows 7 with UAC enabled and I'm getting into a bind in that my install is requesting elevation credentials.  What am I missing?  One of several things that I've tried is setting the MSIDEPLOYMENTCOMPLIANT  property.   There is something here that I should probably already understand but for some reason I am drawing a blank.

Thanks,
Chris

---
Christopher Painter, Author of Deployment Engineering Blog
Have a hot tip, know a secret or read a really good thread that deserves attention? E-Mail Me

Re: UAC Prompt on Minor Upgrade

Christopher Painter
Nevermind, I figured it out.  I cleared bit 3 of the Word Count Summary Property and all is behaving as I need it now.

---