Uninstall Rollback not triggered with WIXFAILWHENDEFERRED

Uninstall Rollback not triggered with WIXFAILWHENDEFERRED

wixtester
Hi,

   I am using the WIXFAILWHENDEFFERED customaction reference to test the installer rollback sequence.
The Install rollback works fine with this property but the uninstall rollback does not get triggered.

Appreciate any help in getting the correct command for uninstall rollback

Product.wxs has
-----------------------
<CustomActionRef Id="WixFailWhenDeferred" />

Uninstall rollback commands I tried
---------------------------------------
msiexec /qb- /x MSINAME.msi /l*v uninstall.log WIXFAILWHENDEFERRED=1
msiexec /qr /x MSINAME.msi /l*v uninstall.log  WIXFAILWHENDEFERRED=1
msiexec /x MSINAME.msi /l*v uninstall.log  WIXFAILWHENDEFERRED=1

The logs indicate
-------------------
skipping action: WixFailWhenDeferred (condition is false)

Thanks !

Re: Uninstall Rollback not triggered with WIXFAILWHENDEFERRED

Jeremiahf
Include the condition in your execute sequence to include REMOVE=ALL

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 11:35 AM, wixtester <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    I am using the WIXFAILWHENDEFFERED customaction reference to test the
> installer rollback sequence.
> The Install rollback works fine with this property but the uninstall
> rollback does not get triggered.
>
> Appreciate any help in getting the correct command for uninstall rollback
>
> Product.wxs has
> -----------------------
> <CustomActionRef Id="WixFailWhenDeferred" />
>

> Uninstall rollback commands I tried
> ---------------------------------------
> msiexec /qb- /x MSINAME.msi /l*v uninstall.log WIXFAILWHENDEFERRED=1
> msiexec /qr /x MSINAME.msi /l*v uninstall.log  WIXFAILWHENDEFERRED=1
> msiexec /x MSINAME.msi /l*v uninstall.log  WIXFAILWHENDEFERRED=1
>
> The logs indicate
> -------------------
> skipping action: WixFailWhenDeferred (condition is false)
>

> Thanks !

"They may forget what you said but they will never forget how you made them
feel." -- Anonymous

Re: Uninstall Rollback not triggered with WIXFAILWHENDEFERRED

wixtester

I don't have WixFailWhenDeferred custom action in InstallExecuteSequence. Infact, when I opened the msi in ORCA, the CA was sequenced at 6599 (before InstallFinalize) with condition "WIXFAILWHENDEFERRED=1 AND VersionNT > 400"
This I believe should trigger rollback for both Install and Uninstall. Apparently, I cannot get the msi to rollback on uninstall.

I also edited the condition in ORCA to "WIXFAILWHENDEFERRED=1 AND VersionNT > 400 AND REMOVE=ALL" to at least rollback on uninstall (I wouldn't expect this condition to evaluate true for INSTALL). But the msi didn't rollback. The condition on the CA was false and was therefore being skipped.

Any other places I could check?

Could this be anything to do with Wix 3.8? I had the rollback working for both install and uninstall in one of my earlier projects that used Wix 3.5.

Thanks for all suggestions!

sangeeta

Re: Uninstall Rollback not triggered with WIXFAILWHENDEFERRED

Namrata Kumari
Where to include REMOVE=ALL using  WIXFAILWHENDEFERRED

<CustomActionRef Id="WixFailWhenDeferred" />

<Custom Action="WixFailWhenDeferred" Before="InstallFinalize">
<![CDATA[WIXFAILWHENDEFERRED=1 AND NOT Installed]]>
</Custom>

Re: Uninstall Rollback not triggered with WIXFAILWHENDEFERRED

boc_core_dev
Problem for me was that the property wasn't allowed:
Ignoring disallowed property WIXFAILWHENDEFERRED in uninstallation.

Therefore I fixed it by setting following:
<Property Id="WIXFAILWHENDEFERRED" Value="0" Secure="yes"/>