Quantcast

Uninstalling from MSI which was installed from WIX Bootstrapper and uninstalling from WIX bootstrapper which was installed from an MSI

Uninstalling from MSI which was installed from WIX Bootstrapper and uninstalling from WIX bootstrapper which was installed from an MSI

kalpa1024
In my project I have a Bootstrapper and a MSI project that gives an *.exe file and a *.MSI file. The idea is to install the MSI file when you run the *.exe. Both these MSI and EXE installs fine but there are problems when uninstalling.

1) MSI installed using Bootstrapper can be uninstalled from PC but the entry at Add/Remove programs window still exists and needs to re-uninstall manually to get rid of it.

I am required to remove the entry from Add/Remove program window as well in this case.
2) If installed using MSI itself and then if you run the Bootstrapper in view of uninstalling the package, it will ignore the installed MSI and prompts to do a fresh install.

I am required to detect the installed MSI and prompt to uninstall instead of a install.
Is it possible what I want done ?