Quantcast

Upgrade from 2803 to 2908 new light error

Upgrade from 2803 to 2908 new light error

Brian_Covington
I am getting a new light error while compiling my bootstrapper application:

light.exe(0,0): error LGHT0001: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

Doesn't jump to any code lines inside of Visual Studio, so I do not think it is anything in the code.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Re: Upgrade from 2803 to 2908 new light error

Neil Sleightholm
Try build 2928, I think this was a bug that happened if you disabled wixpdb files.

Neil

I am getting a new light error while compiling my bootstrapper application:

light.exe(0,0): error LGHT0001: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

Doesn't jump to any code lines inside of Visual Studio, so I do not think it is anything in the code.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/

On 03-Jun-12 10:52, Brian C wrote:
> I am getting a new light error while compiling my bootstrapper application:
>
> light.exe(0,0): error LGHT0001: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
Grab the latest build: A recent fix handles bundles with package content
bigger than 2gb.

http://joyofsetup.com/

Re: Upgrade from 2803 to 2908 new light error

Brian_Covington
Still fails on 2928 build.  We are combining one msi with embedded cab files and one msi with external cab files, all totaling 1.78 GB.

------ Build started: Project: S3DInstallationBS, Configuration: Release x86 ------
C:\Program Files\WiX Toolset v3.6\bin\candle.exe -d"DevEnvDir=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\\" -dSolutionDir=X:\Tools\Setup\WiX\Bootstrapper_WIX\Bootstrapper1\ -dSolutionExt=.sln -dSolutionFileName=Bootstrapper1.sln -dSolutionName=Bootstrapper1 -dSolutionPath=X:\Tools\Setup\WiX\Bootstrapper_WIX\Bootstrapper1\Bootstrapper1.sln -dConfiguration=Release -dOutDir=bin\Release\ -dPlatform=x86 -dProjectDir=X:\Tools\Setup\WiX\Bootstrapper_WIX\Bootstrapper1\ -dProjectExt=.wixproj -dProjectFileName=S3DInstallationBS.wixproj -dProjectName=S3DInstallationBS -dProjectPath=X:\Tools\Setup\WiX\Bootstrapper_WIX\Bootstrapper1\S3DInstallationBS.wixproj -dTargetDir=X:\Tools\Setup\WiX\Bootstrapper_WIX\Bootstrapper1\bin\Release\ -dTargetExt=.exe -dTargetFileName=S3DInstallationBS.exe -dTargetName=S3DInstallationBS -dTargetPath=X:\Tools\Setup\WiX\Bootstrapper_WIX\Bootstrapper1\bin\Release\S3DInstallationBS.exe -out obj\Release\ -arch x86 -ext
 "C:\Program Files\WiX Toolset v3.6\bin\WixUtilExtension.dll" -ext "C:\Program Files\WiX Toolset v3.6\bin\WixBalExtension.dll" Bundle.wxs RAD.wxs S3D.wxs
C:\Program Files\WiX Toolset v3.6\bin\Light.exe -out X:\Tools\Setup\WiX\Bootstrapper_WIX\Bootstrapper1\bin\Release\S3DInstallationBS.exe -pdbout X:\Tools\Setup\WiX\Bootstrapper_WIX\Bootstrapper1\bin\Release\S3DInstallationBS.wixpdb -ext "C:\Program Files\WiX Toolset v3.6\bin\WixUtilExtension.dll" -ext "C:\Program Files\WiX Toolset v3.6\bin\WixBalExtension.dll" -contentsfile obj\Release\S3DInstallationBS.wixproj.BindContentsFileList.txt -outputsfile obj\Release\S3DInstallationBS.wixproj.BindOutputsFileList.txt -builtoutputsfile obj\Release\S3DInstallationBS.wixproj.BindBuiltOutputsFileList.txt -wixprojectfile X:\Tools\Setup\WiX\Bootstrapper_WIX\Bootstrapper1\S3DInstallationBS.wixproj obj\Release\Bundle.wixobj obj\Release\RAD.wixobj obj\Release\S3D.wixobj
light.exe(0,0): error LGHT0001: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
Done building project "S3DInstallationBS.wixproj" -- FAILED.

> I am getting a new light error while compiling my bootstrapper application:

> light.exe(0,0): error LGHT0001: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
Grab the latest build: A recent fix handles bundles with package content
bigger than 2gb.

http://joyofsetup.com/

Re: Upgrade from 2803 to 2908 new light error

Bob Arnson-6
On 03-Jun-12 14:27, Brian C wrote:
> Still fails on 2928 build.  We are combining one msi with embedded cab files and one msi with external cab files, all totaling 1.78 GB.
Sorry, I forgot that fix missed the RC build. It will be in the next build.

http://joyofsetup.com/

Re: Upgrade from 2803 to 2908 new light error

Brian_Covington
Thank you SO MUCH!  I have been running around in 6 different circles trying to figure out what we changed on our end.

Whew!