Quantcast

What is the best way to take care of regasm?

What is the best way to take care of regasm?

Tenzen
Welcome,

I use Regasm from CustomAction but now I want to change it to better way.

I find this but it's not working for me. Why?

Try below code. It should work This will take care of REGASM.

<File Id="fil_abc.dll"   Source="\abc.dll" >
          <TypeLib Id='{54EEBB27-9602-4172-8081-6C19A0ADFFB2}'
MinorVersion='0' Language='1033'></TypeLib>
</File>

You can use Assembly=".net", if you want it to be GACed also

http://windows-installer-xml-wix-toolset.687559.n2.nabble.com/COM-Applications-with-DataBase-error-on-install-td5503690.html#a5503690

Re: What is the best way to take care of regasm?

Pally Sandher
Use heat.exe to harvest the Assembly.

http://wix.sourceforge.net/manual-wix3/heat.htm

Palbinder Sandher
Software Deployment & IT Administrator
T: +44 (0) 141 945 8500
F: +44 (0) 141 945 8501

http://www.iesve.com
**Design, Simulate + Innovate with the <Virtual Environment>**
Integrated Environmental Solutions Limited. Registered in Scotland No.
SC151456
Registered Office - Helix Building, West Of Scotland Science Park,
Glasgow G20 0SP
Email Disclaimer

Re: What is the best way to take care of regasm?

Tenzen
Thank you.

But how to execute heat.exe command line in my Wix project?

And with parameters register my dll file like regasm?

But how to execute heat.exe command line in my Wix project?

And with parameters register my dll file like regasm?

Re: What is the best way to take care of regasm?

Wilson, Phil-2
What differences are you seeing? What registry entries are missing? All of them? Some of them?

Phil Wilson