WiX Test Packages

Brian Rogers
Hey Rob / Bob / Heath,

What are you guys doing to replace all the MSI packages we had internally? I only ask because there is a PR and I feel there should be tests for it but don't know the new way.

Thanks,

Brian Rogers
"Intelligence removes complexity." - Me
http://blogs.msdn.com/icumove

Re: WiX Test Packages

Rob Mensching-7

Yep. Outstanding task.

FireGiant  |  Dedicated support for the WiX toolset  |  http://www.firegiant.com/

Re: WiX Test Packages

Brian Rogers
:) Is there something I should say to this gentleman or just ignore the need?

Side note, not that I have a lot of time, but is this something only previous MS people can do? If so, is there a way to get in on the fun?

Hope all is well!

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 1:01 PM, Rob Mensching <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yep. Outstanding task.

FireGiant  |  Dedicated support for the WiX toolset  |  http://www.firegiant.com/

Re: WiX Test Packages

Rob Mensching-7

Someone needs to do the work. We don’t necessarily need the exact same packages (with all the private data in it)… just something that can satisfy the tests (or update tests as appropriate).

Work to be done by someone that wants to do it.

FireGiant  |  Dedicated support for the WiX toolset  |  http://www.firegiant.com/

Re: WiX Test Packages

Heath Stewart-3
For that matter, all the tests need some love. Peter had asked about this recently as well and my reply was pretty much the same as Rob’s.

- Heath from my Surface Pro 3