WiX on mono

Davy Durham
Hi,
  I saw in a blog entry at msdn that robman 'finished up his
presentation by revealing that the whole demo was done running on mono'.

Is it possible to run wix under mono on non-windows  platforms?

I successfully ran candle.exe to build samplefirst.wixobj from
samplefirst.wxs, but when I went to run light.exe on samplefirst.wixobj
I get an error saying   that msi.dll could not be found.  I copied
msi.dll from a winxp install to several locations on the non-windows
platform and could not get it to pick it up.

I'm wondering if msi.dll is not managed and so it wouldn't even work
except on a windows platform.

Please advise..

Thanks for the info in advance,
   -- Davy

RE: WiX on mono

Rob Mensching
It was my blog entry, and I never finished the story.  The answer is that
light.exe is dependent on MSI.DLL (and maybe a few others) and that is
currently only available on Windows (AFAIK).

So, you can run WiX on Mono but you can't necessarily build MSI files except
on Windows.