Quantcast

Wix 3.5 & Cruise Control gives errorLGHT0217

Wix 3.5 & Cruise Control gives errorLGHT0217

petetheman
Hi There,

I'm wondering if someone else has also experienced the same problem
when using Cruise Control to build there project - see error below

Everything build fine in VS 2008.

I've got Wix 3.5.2519.0 installed on Windows Server 2008 R2.

Would someone be able to point me in the correct direction?

light.exe (0,0):

                        errorLGHT0217: Error executing ICE action 'ICE01'. The most common
cause of this kind of ICE failure is an incorrectly registered
scripting engine. See http://wix.sourceforge.net/faq.html#Error217 for
details and how to solve this problem. The following string format was
not expected by the external UI message logger: "The Windows Installer
Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer
is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for
assistance.".
      light.exe (0,0):

                        errorLGHT0217: Error executing ICE action 'ICE02'. The most common
cause of this kind of ICE failure is an incorrectly registered
scripting engine. See http://wix.sourceforge.net/faq.html#Error217 for
details and how to solve this problem. The following string format was
not expected by the external UI message logger: "The Windows Installer
Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer
is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for
assistance.".
      light.exe (0,0):

                        errorLGHT0217: Error executing ICE action 'ICE03'. The most common
cause of this kind of ICE failure is an incorrectly registered
scripting engine. See http://wix.sourceforge.net/faq.html#Error217 for
details and how to solve this problem. The following string format was
not expected by the external UI message logger: "The Windows Installer
Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer
is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for
assistance.".
      light.exe (0,0):

                        errorLGHT0217: Error executing ICE action 'ICE04'. The most common
cause of this kind of ICE failure is an incorrectly registered
scripting engine. See http://wix.sourceforge.net/faq.html#Error217 for
details and how to solve this problem. The following string format was
not expected by the external UI message logger: "The Windows Installer
Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer
is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for
assistance.".
      light.exe (0,0):

                        errorLGHT0217: Error executing ICE action 'ICE05'. The most common
cause of this kind of ICE failure is an incorrectly registered
scripting engine. See http://wix.sourceforge.net/faq.html#Error217 for
details and how to solve this problem. The following string format was
not expected by the external UI message logger: "The Windows Installer
Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer
is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for
assistance.".
      light.exe (0,0):

                        errorLGHT0217: Error executing ICE action 'ICE06'. The most common
cause of this kind of ICE failure is an incorrectly registered
scripting engine. See http://wix.sourceforge.net/faq.html#Error217 for
details and how to solve this problem. The following string format was
not expected by the external UI message logger: "The Windows Installer
Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer
is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for
assistance.".
      light.exe (0,0):

                        errorLGHT0217: Error executing ICE action 'ICE07'. The most common
cause of this kind of ICE failure is an incorrectly registered
scripting engine. See http://wix.sourceforge.net/faq.html#Error217 for
details and how to solve this problem. The following string format was
not expected by the external UI message logger: "The Windows Installer
Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer
is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for
assistance.".
      light.exe (0,0):

                        errorLGHT0216: An unexpected Win32 exception with error code 0x643
occurred: Action - 'ICE08' Fatal error during installation

Peter Solomon

Re: Wix 3.5 & Cruise Control gives errorLGHT0217

petetheman
I have seen the following article and have added the user into the
DCOM group, but there is no change.

http://windows-installer-xml-wix-toolset.687559.n2.nabble.com/error-LGHT0217-tp698664p698664.html

Peter Solomon

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Peter Solomon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> assistance.".
>      light.exe (0,0):
>
>                        errorLGHT0217: Error executing ICE action 'ICE07'. The most common
> cause of this kind of ICE failure is an incorrectly registered
> scripting engine. See http://wix.sourceforge.net/faq.html#Error217 for
> details and how to solve this problem. The following string format was
> not expected by the external UI message logger: "The Windows Installer
> Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer
> is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for
> assistance.".
>      light.exe (0,0):
>
>                        errorLGHT0216: An unexpected Win32 exception with error code 0x643
> occurred: Action - 'ICE08' Fatal error during installation

> Peter Solomon

Re: Wix 3.5 & Cruise Control gives errorLGHT0217

I solved this by adding the continuous integration service account
into the 'Domain Admin' group.

Kind regards

> [...]

> assistance.".
>      light.exe (0,0):
>
>                        errorLGHT0217: Error executing ICE action 'ICE07'. The most common
> cause of this kind of ICE failure is an incorrectly registered
> scripting engine. See http://wix.sourceforge.net/faq.html#Error217 for
> details and how to solve this problem. The following string format was
> not expected by the external UI message logger: "The Windows Installer
> Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer
> is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for
> assistance.".
>      light.exe (0,0):
>
>                        errorLGHT0216: An unexpected Win32 exception with error code 0x643
> occurred: Action - 'ICE08' Fatal error during installation

> Peter Solomon

Re: Wix 3.5 & Cruise Control gives errorLGHT0217

Tobias S
ICE validation needs an interactive account or Admin privileges to be
happy. See e.g.
http://www.wintellect.com/CS/blogs/jrobbins/archive/2009/11/14/wix-projects-vs-tfs-2010-team-build.aspx
or http://www.mail-archive.com/wix-users@.../msg34102.html

2011/2/18 Peter Solomon <[hidden email]>:

> [...]
>> assistance.".
>>      light.exe (0,0):
>>
>>                        errorLGHT0217: Error executing ICE action 'ICE07'. The most common
>> cause of this kind of ICE failure is an incorrectly registered
>> scripting engine. See http://wix.sourceforge.net/faq.html#Error217 for
>> details and how to solve this problem. The following string format was
>> not expected by the external UI message logger: "The Windows Installer
>> Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer
>> is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for
>> assistance.".
>>      light.exe (0,0):
>>
>>                        errorLGHT0216: An unexpected Win32 exception with error code 0x643
>> occurred: Action - 'ICE08' Fatal error during installation

>> Peter Solomon

Re: Wix 3.5 & Cruise Control gives errorLGHT0217

Peter Hecht
Hello,

I'm on the steep learning curve of WIX.  I had this issue in VS2010
and WIX 3.5.2519.0.  In the WIX project I suppressed ICE validation
and they went away.  In VS2010 it seems it didn't save the change at
first, but closing the solution and re-opening did save the setting.

Pete