Quantcast

Wix bootstrapper uninstall shortcut

willem peters
I am trying to create shortcuts to uninstalling whatever the bootstrapper
has installed. So simply i want to do the same thing as the uninstall does
when going to Add and remove programs.

I found that de bootstrapper is installed in package
cache{guid}[bootstrappername].exe

One of the msi packages that it installs also installs a shortcut to this
bootstrapper /uninstall call. However problem is that the GUID of the
package is regenerated on every build. So i some how have to set it as a
msi property. But i cannot figure out how to do this, seem to me that the
GUID is not known during building but only after build is done?

is there another way to determine the location of the cached bootstrapper ?

Re: Wix bootstrapper uninstall shortcut

Bob Arnson-6
On 01-Jun-12 12:06, willem peters wrote:
> I am trying to create shortcuts to uninstalling whatever the bootstrapper
You shouldn't. The Windows software logo guidelines used to explicitly
say that; users know how to run Programs & Features to uninstall apps.

> msi property. But i cannot figure out how to do this, seem to me that the
> GUID is not known during building but only after build is done?
Correct; it's not available in the compiler.

http://joyofsetup.com/