Wix linker(light.exe) behavior resolving WixUILicenseRtf

Wix linker(light.exe) behavior resolving WixUILicenseRtf

kirannhegde
n my .wxs file, i define the following to insert language specific EULA files:

<WixVariable Id="WixUILicenseRtf" Value="$(var.EulaDir)\!(loc.LicenseTxtFolder)\EULA_pointer.rtf" />
However, the linker(light.exe) complains stating the following:

error LGHT0103: The system cannot find the file '..\VDA\EULA!(loc.LicenseTxtFolder)\EULA_pointer.rtf

My question is simple. Both WixUILicenseRtf as well as loc.LicenseTxtFolder are link time variables. In that case, shouldn't this have worked?

My understanding is that since these are link time variables, this should have worked i.e (loc.LicenseTxtFolder) should have been resolved and the value assigned to WixUILicenseRtf.

Does anyone have an idea as to why this would not work?