error 1316: the specified account already exists

error 1316: the specified account already exists

rekna
I have one customer on which starting the installation always returns the following error :

error 1316: the specified account already exists

On my test machine, the setup installs/uninstalls without any problem.
Also, I already have installed about 50 customers with this installer.
It seems to be only my installer that has the problem (tried to install example msi, which worked)

* I tried the Microsoft Fixit tool for fixing corruption issues.
* I tried MsiZap from the windows development toolkit
* I tried searching the registry manually for leftover keys ...

Nothing worked.

Does anyone know exactly what this error means, and I mean by that, what does it check (registry key? ...) to respond with this error?

Re: error 1316: the specified account already exists

atmahamed
Just try this scenario. If you are using PathEdit control and setting empty value should have this error. Make sure PathEdit control will always have some folder path.