Quantcast

merging vc9 modules

MatPdr
Hi,

I'm including the msvc9 crt merge module and its related policy merge module, after doing so I am turning up the following errors:

main.wxs(323,0): Warning LGHT1055: The InstallExecuteSequence table contains an action 'SxsInstallCA' which cannot be merged from the merge module 'policy_9_0_Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86.msm'.  This action is likely colliding with an action in the database that is being created.  The colliding action may have been authored in the database or merged in from another merge module.  If this is a standard action, it is likely colliding due to a difference in the condition for the action in the database and merge module.  If this is a custom action, it should only be declared in the database or one merge module.

main.wxs(323,0): Warning LGHT1055: The InstallExecuteSequence table contains an action 'SxsUninstallCA' which cannot be merged from the merge module 'policy_9_0_Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86.msm'.  This action is likely colliding with an action in the database that is being created.  The colliding action may have been authored in the database or merged in from another merge module.  If this is a standard action, it is likely colliding due to a difference in the condition for the action in the database and merge module.  If this is a custom action, it should only be declared in the database or one merge module.

light.exe(0,0): Warning LGHT1076: ICE03: String overflow (greater than length permitted in column); Table: AdminExecuteSequence, Column: Action, Key(s): WindowsFolder.21022.08.Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86.RTM.0138F525_6C8A_333F_A105_14AE030B9A54

--- lots of ICE03 errors ---

light.exe(0,0): Warning LGHT1076: ICE82: This action SystemFolder.21022.08.Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86.RTM.0138F525_6C8A_333F_A105_14AE030B9A54 has duplicate sequence number 2 in the table InstallUISequence

light.exe(0,0): Warning LGHT1076: ICE82: This action SystemFolder.21022.08.Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86.RTM.0138F525_6C8A_333F_A105_14AE030B9A54 has duplicate sequence number 2 in the table AdminUISequence

light.exe(0,0): Warning LGHT1076: ICE82: This action SystemFolder.21022.08.Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86.RTM.0138F525_6C8A_333F_A105_14AE030B9A54 has duplicate sequence number 2 in the table AdvtExecuteSequence

light.exe(0,0): Warning LGHT1076: ICE83: The keypath for Global Win32 SXS Assembly (Component_=uplevel.21022.08.policy_9_0_Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86.RTM.52105B6B_A3EF_3A90_882A_947B287C203A) SHOULD NOT be it's manifest file for assemblies other than Win32 Policy assemblies

Are any of these things which I should worry about or or they not critical errors?

Re: merging vc9 modules

Bob Arnson-6
MatPdr wrote:
> Are any of these things which I should worry about or or they not critical
> errors?

They're known issues. Most of them are benign warnings. Others are less
benign but seem to be accommodated for in the merge module custom actions.

http://joyofsetup.com/

Accented character in Shortcut Name causes Error LGHT0204: ICE03: Invalid Filename

Schuett, Michael (VMC)

Hello,

If I use an accented character in a Shortcut Name, the following error results...

D:\WiX\ClientInstall\Application.wxs(39,0): Error LGHT0204: ICE03: Invalid Filename; Table: Shortcut, Column: Name, Key(s): TrayAppShortcut

Here's the section from Application.wxs.

<File Id="Tray.exe" Name="Tray.exe" KeyPath="yes" Source="ClientFiles\Tray.exe">
  <Shortcut Id="TrayAppShortcut" Directory="ProgramGroupDir" WorkingDirectory="INSTALLLOCATION"
            Arguments="/EnableTray" Name="Redémarrer le moniteur" Icon="tray.ico" Advertise="yes" />
</File>

If I remove the "é" from the Shortcut Name it builds successfully. Any suggestions?

I'm using WiX 3.0.2925.0.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Accented character in Shortcut Name causes Error LGHT0204: ICE03: Invalid Filename

Szentpali Janos
Schuett, Michael wrote:

> Hello,
>
> If I use an accented character in a Shortcut Name, the following error results...
>
> D:\WiX\ClientInstall\Application.wxs(39,0): Error LGHT0204: ICE03: Invalid Filename; Table: Shortcut, Column: Name, Key(s): TrayAppShortcut
>
> Here's the section from Application.wxs.
>
> <File Id="Tray.exe" Name="Tray.exe" KeyPath="yes" Source="ClientFiles\Tray.exe">
>   <Shortcut Id="TrayAppShortcut" Directory="ProgramGroupDir" WorkingDirectory="INSTALLLOCATION"
>             Arguments="/EnableTray" Name="Redémarrer le moniteur" Icon="tray.ico" Advertise="yes" />
> </File>
>
> If I remove the "é" from the Shortcut Name it builds successfully. Any suggestions?
>
> I'm using WiX 3.0.2925.0.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Try changing the encoding... put
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
on the beginning of the .wxs file... or whatever encoding that is the
one you are using

--
Szentpáli János

Schuett, Michael wrote:

> Hello,
>
> If I use an accented character in a Shortcut Name, the following error results...
>
> D:\WiX\ClientInstall\Application.wxs(39,0): Error LGHT0204: ICE03: Invalid Filename; Table: Shortcut, Column: Name, Key(s): TrayAppShortcut
>
> Here's the section from Application.wxs.
>
> <File Id="Tray.exe" Name="Tray.exe" KeyPath="yes" Source="ClientFiles\Tray.exe">
>   <Shortcut Id="TrayAppShortcut" Directory="ProgramGroupDir" WorkingDirectory="INSTALLLOCATION"
>             Arguments="/EnableTray" Name="Redémarrer le moniteur" Icon="tray.ico" Advertise="yes" />
> </File>
>
> If I remove the "é" from the Shortcut Name it builds successfully. Any suggestions?
>
> I'm using WiX 3.0.2925.0.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Oh... and you have to use a short file name for all Name attributes
:D... I have just noticed that. Like in the old DOS days. It is supposed
to be there for backwards compatibility. I just don't know with what...

--
Szentpáli János

Accented character in Shortcut Name causes Error LGHT0204: ICE03: Invalid Filename

DEÁK JAHN, Gábor-2
On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 00:38:21 +0200, Szentpali Janos wrote:

János,

> :D... I have just noticed that. Like in the old DOS days. It is
> supposed to be there for backwards compatibility. I just don't know
> with what...

Some Novell servers, where one or two people in the Universe might still want to place a network installation package, or so I was told... :-)

Bye,
   Gábor

Re: Accented character in Shortcut Name causes Error LGHT0204: ICE03: Invalid Filename

Schuett, Michael (VMC)
I converted all my wx* files to utf-16 and saved them as Unicode with the same result.

Thanks,
Mike

Schuett, Michael wrote:

> I converted all my wx* files to utf-16 and saved them as Unicode with the same result.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

You really mean utf-16 and not utf-8? Are you sure that the file(s)
was(were) saved in the specified (utf-16) fromat?
I must admit I still use Wix2, but I guess Wix3 would/should behave the
same in this regard :-? It happened to me to, that I specified utf-8 in
the xml incoding, but actually did not save the source files in utf-8
incoding and it did complain when found the accented characters...
What editor did you use to save the files (curiosity :D)?

--
Szentpáli János

Schuett, Michael wrote:
> If I use an accented character in a Shortcut Name, the following error results...
>
> D:\WiX\ClientInstall\Application.wxs(39,0): Error LGHT0204: ICE03: Invalid Filename; Table: Shortcut, Column: Name, Key(s): TrayAppShortcut

Are you setting Product/@Codepage? Take a look at your package in Orca;
if the codepage is incorrect, MSI will show "special" characters as
question marks.

http://joyofsetup.com/