Quantcast

simple UI

Baker, Steve

I am starting in on a simple UI. All I really wanted was the user to have the chance to change the install directory.

I added this to my wxs file per the tutorial:

<FragmentRef Id="WixUI_Common" />

 I have linked against wixui_mondo, minimal, and feature tree and get the same result:

My entire installation runs with no UI till the end when a finish dialog comes up.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

steve

Re: simple UI

Jon Brandenburg
Baker, Steve wrote:

I am starting in on a simple UI. All I really wanted was the user to have the chance to change the install directory.

I added this to my wxs file per the tutorial:

<FragmentRef Id="WixUI_Common" />

 I have linked against wixui_mondo, minimal, and feature tree and get the same result:

My entire installation runs with no UI till the end when a finish dialog comes up.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

steve

Not sure if this is entirely correct however the following works for me using the latest build.

Replace
    <FragmentRef Id="WixUI_Common" />
with
    <UIRef Id="WixUI" />

Then when linking with light do the following:

    light -o package.msi frag1.wixobj frag2.wixobj wixui_common.wixlib

Obviously replace package.msi and the frag# references with the appropriate file names.  The above works for me just fine.

------------------------------------------------------- SF.Net email is sponsored by: Tame your development challenges with Apache's Geronimo App Server. Download it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or your very own Sony(tm)PSP. Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php _______________________________________________ WiX-users mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/wix-users

RE: simple UI

Bob Arnson
As Jon noted, you need to use UIRef now instead of FragmentRef. That just changed in 3309.

steve

RE: simple UI

Baker, Steve

I am actually using 3220.

I did find that I needed to refer to WixUI instead of WixUI_Common for it to work. Just had to go look at the actual ui files to see what was going on.

Thanks,

steve

As Jon noted, you need to use UIRef now instead of FragmentRef. That just changed in 3309.

steve

RE: simple UI

Rob Mensching

We need better documentation about how to use the UI... or maybe Bob already put it in there and I just didn't see it...

I did find that I needed to refer to WixUI instead of WixUI_Common for it to work. Just had to go look at the actual ui files to see what was going on.

Thanks,

steve

As Jon noted, you need to use UIRef now instead of FragmentRef. That just changed in 3309.

steve

RE: simple UI

Bob Arnson
It's written but updated for the pending localization work, so I haven't pushed to get it checked in until everything's up to date.