[ wix-Feature Requests-1245380 ] Registry Security Adjustments

[ wix-Feature Requests-1245380 ] Registry Security Adjustments

SourceForge.net
Feature Requests item #1245380, was opened at 2005-07-26 09:37
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by derekc
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=642717&aid=1245380&group_id=105970

not just the latest update.
Category: compiler
Group: None

Initial Comment:
It would be really useful for you to add functionality
that allows the install to set and adjust registry
security settings (e.g. grant full access to user: blah).

Date: 2005-09-16 16:20

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=518766

Given the clarification, I'm probably not the best person to
handle this.

Comment By: jcrank (jcrank)
Date: 2005-09-09 12:05

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=1237368

The Permissions component does most of what I would like,
but the one thing that doesn't seem to be in it is the ability to
adjust permissions without installing the key (e.g. a hotfix
that adjust permissions on a preexisting key and all its
subcomponents but does not change their values to fix an
issue in a previous install)

Comment By: Derek (derekc)
Date: 2005-09-09 11:17

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=518766

Does the <Permission> element under <Registry> elements
satisfy this requirement?